6 Things I am No Longer Spending Time On
there are some habits, people, practices, and choices that I simply don’t have any time for anymore. And I don’t have time for them because they create cycles of energy that stress me out. And most importantly, they’re not pushing me to heal, to grow, or to get better. So done. Done with dirty playing fields. Done with letting images, messages, and molds tell us what to do. Maxie McCoy
Have you ever had one of those moments when you just get it? When the light bulb switches on and you say "Oh I get it!!" (sometimes loudly and in libraries and bank halls)
This hit me during this week. There are just some things that I must, absolutely must, spending time on:
1. Convincing others - that my way is the right way, that they ought to be doing "so and so" and to mind their own business - done with that. I don't know it all, I don't know their full story only what they have told me and want me to know and let me mind my own business so when others are not I will not even know or care.
2. People Pleasing - OMG! Can I just stop this, immediately? Yes I can. It's a definite no win situation. Accept that some people will just not like me, deal with it, they are not part of my tribe.
3. Saying Yes when I want to say No - overcrowding my schedule. This saying yes when I want to say no is also directly related to people pleasing! No is sometimes self care, it is sometimes self honoring and it is many times essential.
4. Looking for External Validation - just going to do my utmost best and leave the rest. The mantra is "Be cool with you."
5. Not Believing in Myself - Believe in yourself or who's gonna? The doubt will be there, the worry may step in, the fear too but hey.....believe. progress over perfection every single time.
6. Being Around Friends who don't believe in you or treat you like shite - Need I say more?
Have You Read Akosua's Books