The Dots All Connect
there's nothing like connecting the dots in reverse to remind you that all those moments spent anxious, spent worrying, spent freaking-the-fuck-out were actually getting you to exactly and precisely where you need to be. Maxie McCoy
A Facebook memory popped up on my feed this morning, from ten years ago. Can you imagine FB has past ten years? anyways I digress.
The memory popped up and I started to reflect on what was happening in my own life during that time and where I am now. The growth, the lessons, the poor choices that led to lessons, the opportunities, the miracles.
As I started to reflect, it came to mind that we have the tendency to focus on the not have, don't want, still to do and how much left to do lists.
Today I want to share the lessons that my seemingly poor choices brought me, just to remind myself and us, that we make choices in the moment based on where we are, how we feel about ourselves and it may just be the best choice in the moment. And even better, to remind myself that the Universe is self correcting- pay attention to the lessons, take action and it will lead you right back to you, your purpose and to most importantly to now, where you can make another choice.
Top Lessons from "Poor Choices"
1. Follow Your Intuition - your gut instinct may seem illogical but it is never leading you astray. The moment I walked in the building on the new job which was great on paper, more money, more status, just more, my stomach churned, my spirit said no. I thought it was fear, I ignored it, a few months later I was fired!
2. Define Your Own Success - what does success mean to you? Do you know? I believed success by having material things and a certain type of job. When I lost all of that I defined it for myself and yes I love nice things,but I love my peace of mind and being a part of a community more than having to work to maintain nice things.
3. Everyone Will Not Like You or Have to - people pleasing was one of my drugs. Everyone had to like me and so I acted that way and when it did not work, I was in a hot mess. Looking to prove my worth. I have learnt that there is nothing to prove and who you are is enough! A daily practice
4. Take Time To Rest - Rest is part of the Journey - it's that simple!
5. Abundance is a mindset - focus on being grateful and everything multiplies. Speak abundantly, live abundantly, think abundantly- it is not only about the money that you can see immediately in front of you. It's about how you think and feel and speak about abundance.
Have you read any of Akosua's work?
Follow Akosua on