The Ten Commandments for the New Millienium
I am now receptive to the idea that...some things never grow old. They just get better and go deeper.
The Ten Commandments for the New Millennium
1. Thou shalt make it your business to get in touch with God first each day.
2. Thou shalt remember to pray for your mother and father as soon as you are finished praying for yourself.
3. Thou shalt honor thyself enough not to take things that do not belong to you, and this includes other people's people.
4. Thou shalt refrain from telling someone something about somebody until you have told that somebody to their face.
5. Thou shalt refrain from saying anything to anybody that you would be ashamed or afraid to say to God, to God's face.
6. Thou shalt do no less than two good things for yourself each day.
7. Thou shalt do one good thing for another each day.
8. Thou shalt confine all whining, complaining and criticizing to every other Wednesday, between the hours of 2:00am and 3:30am, when the moon is full. When the moon is not full, oh well, thou shalt wait until it is.
9. Thou shalt live fully, or thou shalt not. This choice is yours.
10. Thou shalt believe the best about everything and everyone until you have concrete evidence from God to the contrary.
Until today, you may have believed the old ways and the old laws did not apply to your life today. Just for today, apply each of these commandments to every aspect of your life.
Today I am devoted to applying the old-millennium laws to the new-millennium conditions in my life! ~~Iyanla Vanzant, "Until Today