NiNa Young Entrepreneurs Programme
NiNa is a programme for young ladies between the ages of 15 to 18, with a focus on creating an entrepreneurial culture and mindset.
NiNa is an exclusive programme aimed at young ladies to develop entrepreneurial thinking and plant a seed of a consciousness that one can learn from their journey, no matter what!
NiNa attempts to forge an entrepreneurial culture among the young women who participate with the training and knowledge to empower them using entrepreneurship principles as part of their tool kit for life.
The programme aims to creating the best individual using a holistic approach incorporating the realities of being an entrepreneur. They are exposed to real life stories, real people and real solutions.
NiNa is a part of the Enabling Enterprise Project and is held in schools and girls homes and an annual vacation programme.
The expected outcomes of NiNa include:
- Attitudes towards entrepreneurship among young women are improved.
- Improved Confidence.
- In-school young women have increased access to entrepreneurship education.
- Young women have increased access to business development services.
- Youth more actively contribute to national development strategies to increase peer income and employment creation.
- Youth employment policy makers and promoters are in a better position to make evidence-based decisions to improve resource allocation and programme design.
NiNa Vacation Programme – Unveiling the Inner Trail Blazer (UTIT)
Aims and Objectives: to foster confidence, build perseverance, leadership and creativity in each of the participants.
The young women in the NiNa program will enter the world with the advantage of having exposure to entrepreneurial skills and local entrepreneurs, as well as a unique understanding of the opportunities and challenges facing female entrepreneurs today.
The NiNa Entrepreneurship Programme hosts an annual week-long camp during the July vacation for young ladies between the ages of 15 and 18 where are introduced to a well-rounded approach to entrepreneurship and life skills and challenged to pitch an idea to a panel in one week.
Blaize the Trail
Participants will be introduced to the tools and mind-set to see what it takes to be a self- confident woman which can lead to launching a successful business.
On the final day of the camp participants will have 90 seconds to convince a panel of judges that your idea is available and creative solution to an important social problem. The best idea receives a small amount of cash.
What Will Be Taught?
· Personal Branding: Who are You and Why Are You Here?
· Critical Thinking – discover opportunities for unique solutions by digging benefits the surface of significant problems.
· Customer Discovery – test and improve early stage ideas by learning directly from entrepreneurs
· Business Model Management – think strategically about the resources required to launch your idea and how your idea will generate value
· Persuasive Communication – harness the power of the pitch to grab people’s attention in presentation
Participants will Build These Skills
· Team Work
· Critical Think